Search Engine Optimisation
When you invest in a top-quality website, you need to make sure that people can find it.
Every Lab 99 website comes with search engine optimisation built in.
Lab 99 websites consistently appear high in the search engine rankings. Find out about our search engine optimisation success stories.
Our Search Engine Optimisation Techniques
Lab 99 Web Design use a variety of seo techniques to push your website to the top of the rankings.
Getting the Website Noticed by the Search Engines
To get a website noticed by the search engines, you need to do three things:
- Make the search engines aware of the website’s existence.
- Include information that the search engines’ users are looking for.
- Present that information so that the search engines can find it easily.
1. Make the Search Engines Aware
We will submit your website to all the main search engines:
- Google, which is used for more than 80% of UK searches
- Yahoo, which is used for most of the other UK searches
- Bing, the Microsoft search engine, formerly known as MSN
Plenty of other search engines exist, but they all use listings from the main players. For example, Ask (otherwise known as Ask Jeeves) and AOL both use Google, Altavista uses Yahoo, and Dogpile uses Google, Yahoo and Bing. So if you are tempted to pay some cowboy who offers to submit your website to hundreds of search engines, save your money!
2. Include Relevant Information
Of course, it’s you who decides what information your website should contain, but we are able to:
- provide advice about the best way to present information;
- rewrite the text to bring important search terms to the attention of the search engines;
- research the most appropriate selection of keywords;
- use analytical software tools to monitor the performance of your website’s important keywords.
3. Make the Information Accessible
The quality of the code under the surface of a website greatly affects the ability of search engines to find the information they are looking for.
These are some of the seo technical features we include in every Lab 99 website:
- Most importantly, we use valid HTML and CSS code.
- We use up–to–date, semantic, and structurally sound HTML code.
- All Lab 99 websites are efficiently coded by hand, by us. We do not use off–the–shelf designs or bloated, computer–generated code.
- We use optimised description meta tags within the head section of each HTML page.
- We use ‘alt’ text to describe images.
- We use text rather than images for all essential information, and use recognised image replacement techniques where necessary.
Search Engine Optimisation Extras
All of the above features come as standard in every Lab 99 website. If your organisation has specific search engine optimisation requirements, we will be happy to help. We are especially good at improving the rankings of existing websites.